CALL TO ARMS
Let our voice be heard by all corners of Austral America. Through all valleys, mountains, forests, grasslands, tundra, and cities, shall be heard the voice of the emergent people, full of wrath and tired of oppression, after centuries of subjection to exploitative oligarchies, intellectual traitors, neglectful priests, and foreign leeches. May this voice resonate among all of our national comrades, united by origin and by destiny, by oppression and rebellion, by the nostalgia for liberty and by the longing for revolution. Let this voice overtake generations, genders, classes, ethnicities and religions, to plant the seed of revolt in each individual, raising all to the realization of Austral Homeland, promise of the free peoples of the world’s southernmost corner.
National comrades, lift up your heads and look around. What will you see? Ashes and ruins. What remained of the glorious heroic past of Austral People? Only memories. What will be forwarded to our heirs? Only fetters. All of us walk blindly toward annihilation, happy and satisfied since there are soap operas on TV, fast food, brand clothes and new cars available. Each one cares only about their lives, seeking wealth and pleasure, and ignoring any active solidarity towards other national fellows, except for the philantropic moments to alleviate the guilt of the soul.
The old austral traditions, incomparably rich in its diversity, are forgotten and abandoned, ridiculed and proscribed by the proud descendants of the lineages that once ruled all lands from the Paranapanema River to Tierra del Fuego. In its place, penetrate in our lands foreign cultural influences fostered by Brazilian imperialism, eternal representative of Anglo-Saxon and internationalist Zionists interests in South America.
The imperialist powers and their lackeys know that a people which has strong and solid roots cannot be conquered. Thus, the enemy encourages foreign immigration, spread of strange customs and behavior patterns, invasion of aberrant musical styles and degenerate tastes. The mass media, entirely controlled by foreigners or traitors, separates the national fellows from their roots, portraying our traditions as outdated or antiquated, and the perversions and foreign dogmas as superior and progressive.
Comrades from Southern Brazil, from the brazilian Platina, rescue the memory of your primordial freedom, foreign and distant from Brazilian imperialism. Immerse yourselves in your being and rescue the awareness of our reality as a true Nation, built by gauchos and settlers, absolutely unique and distinct in regard to Brazil, populated by an intelligent, courageous and disciplined race, endowed with an immense productive potential, rich in natural resources and fertile land, capable of bringing an Empire that will be the beacon of the free peoples of the Southern Hemisphere.
National comrades from Parana, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul! For too long you have been overwhelmed by the corrupt Brazilian oligarchy. For too long we have accepted this submission to a foreign and enemy power. We, the successors of the revolutionary farroupilhas, of the Sebastianist Crusaders of Contestado, of the maragatos, and another thousand historical examples of bravery and irredentism, we summon you to arms to fight against this imperialism that plunders our wealth, invades our lands and corrupts our people.
PRINCIPLES OF REVOLUTION
We, the revolutionary vanguard of the free peoples of the Brazilian Platina, affirm with the utmost vehemence and severity as our primary, fundamental and non-negotiable objective, the freeing of the southern states of Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul of any type of control, interference, administration or supervision of the Federative Republic of Brazil, in order to be established, according to the aspirations of millions of fellows for centuries, a fully independent Nation, to ensure the existence of our People, to preserve their culture and traditions, and to construct a glorious future.
Pan-Gauchismo and Austral Irredentism
We know, however, that even if the Brazilian Platine is infinitely rich in resources, natural and human, any Nation can stand alone in the hostile environment that is the unipolar world controlled by the United States, Israel and their allies. Not only, but from a full awareness of our roots, we know that we’re not alone. We share with our Argentinian and Uruguayan neighbors blood, history, customs, tastes, culture, and many other elements that make our people infinitely closer to them than to Brazilian one.
The old gaucho did not recognize boundaries between the lands of our three peoples, and rode freely through them, recognizing himself in everyone that inhabited these regions. The arrival of European settlers in the end of nineteenth to mid-twentieth century changed nothing in this brotherhood of people, on the contrary, only strengthened the singularity of these nations, differentiating them from their other neighbors, to the same extent that the gaucho and the settler integrated themselves.
We are nationalists, no doubt. But we must go beyond nationalism, overtake it, to assert a higher principle that unifies different nations, although sisters, under the same civilizatory path. Thus, the revolutionary vanguard affirms the vital need of bringing closer our Gaucho and Austral Fatherland and the two other austral Nations of the continent, the Oriental Republic of Uruguay and the Argentine Republic, until it is accomplished the unification between these august nations, that will be the hallmark of the emergence of a true Austral Civilization.
Acknowledging in our will, the simple and pure expression of the desire for an authentic popular national freedom, which takes place only in the possibility of absolute self-determination and self-government, by those who have a national consciousness that has been repressed, persecuted and fought for more than a hundred years, we cannot but sympathize with all oppressed peoples of the world, especially with those peoples, owners of very rich cultures and histories, that do not have a State capable of guiding their destiny, being subjugated to other peoples, and sometimes fragmented among different countries.
In this sense, we affirm our belief in the geopolitical principle that each population grouping that identifies itself and sees itself as a nation must have their own vital space, governed and directed by representatives of their own people, in order to be realized that dignified and beautiful end to the eyes of all righteous men, the preservation of human diversity and plurality, as opposed to capitalist pressure for people’s uprooting, through massification, cultural alienation, and dissolving admixtures.
Thus, we launch our salute to the peoples oppressed by imperialism, capitalism, and globalism, in every continent, and we compromise our revolutionary movement in the mission to give everyone as much support as possible so they may also conquer their freedom.
Confederation of Peoples and Municipalism
The current territories of South America, whose historical, ethnic, cultural and spiritual formation demarcate them as part of the future great austral fatherland, have a considerable size, and although they are reasonably homogeneous in their constitution, they are not monolithic. Several ethnicities, cultures and religions, made the Austral America their home, integrating their blood and sweat to the soil, without losing their identities, but creating a supra-identity.
Each one of these groups united by a common identity has its physical characteristics, cultural values, spiritual principles, ideal forms of organization, and to preserve the human richness of our cold America depends on an intransigent and uncompromising position of defending this diversity through the preservation of identities and their manifestations, henceforth assuming a position completely contrary to the imperialist enemies and their instruments of cultural domination, that seek to promote the mixing of cultures, the dissolution of all identities, thus forming an undifferentiated mass, more vulnerable to bourgeois and capitalist cultural domination.
Politically, the best method to ensure this preservation of identities is granting the greatest possible degree of political power of decision to the smaller political units of Austral America, the municipality, and only to a lesser extent to the provinces, republics, and in last degree to the Confederation. And due to the cultural background of local peoples, small autonomous communities and a decentralization policy has always been the preference, in contradiction with the official policy of Brazilian imperialism, which is to disregard the differences, crushing all peoples that are subject to the same abstract mold.
Thus, the strengthening of municipalities as public spaces of political decision, inserted into myriads of other political formations such as provinces and republics, interconnected through a Confederacy whose central government will be only in charge of the common defense, of the trade between the internal political units and the maintenance of infrastructure and large-scale industries; the communities will be able to express themselves and pursue their interests as freely as possible.
Bourgeois democracy has failed. The Brazilian political experience, to which unfortunately we have been subjected simply demonstrated the reality of bourgeois and centralized democracy as a platform through which the oligarchs enrich themselves, exploit the people and dissolve communitarian traditional ties. As an experiment arisen with the French Revolution and the Enlightenment ideals, bourgeois democracy has shown its complete failure, and this drives us to the need of rejecting it.
This latest form of democracy, however, does not exhaust all the democratic experiences throughout history. Democracy is almost as old as the other classical forms of government, and unlike the bourgeois model in which the individual is rationalized as an abstract being and the people is a mere demographic sum, premodern democracies in their many configurations had a concreteness, in the sense that they were absolutely focused on the expression of the being of a specific community and on the meeting of the specific interests of this community.
In a confederation in which political decisions are concentrated mostly on the municipalities, democracy is held locally by the participation of all the citizens of the community, in the most direct way possible, so that every decision becomes a pure expression of the people’s will. While bourgeois democracies seek to establish a common normative standard in all their political units, hence always oppressing some part of the population, when each community is able to make jointly and directly the most important political decisions, one creates an extremely pluralistic system of political forms in which the laws are always congruent with local identities, becoming legal expressions of the popular will, rather than mere abstract formulations of political decisions taken at a distance and whose cogency derives from punishment, and not from an organic harmony.
Moreover, when this possibility of community participation in policy-making is seen as something that needs to be deserved, and not a natural guarantee derivative of the simple fact of existence, through the establishment of qualitative criterion, democratic participation is then seen as a responsibility and a duty, like in the ancient Greek democracies, and a midpoint between populism and aristocracy is then found in organic democracy.
The capitalism implanted in our lands by Brazilian oligarchies working for Anglo-Saxon imperialism and international Zionism offers illusions of prosperity and progress. Although due to the ingenuity, strength of will, work ethic, austerity and communitarian solidarism a certain homogeneous prosperity has been achieved by the austral peoples, in general under the capitalist system to which we are subjected only traitors and foreign oligarchs reap the main fruits, while the burden is shared by the whole people.
Banks, media, and big corporations are controlled by stateless capital. Small farms and family-owned or communitarian properties are expropriated by usurious speculation and acquired by large conglomerates. In pursuit of reducing the costs of the workforce, the big businesses encourage the arrival of Brazilian immigrants. However, capitalism cannot escape the inevitability of ruinous cycles that simply destroy small properties and increase income concentration.
Austral peoples historically more accustomed to alternative forms of ownership are tired of capitalist exploitation and the destruction of their traditional way of life. An aggressive, fanatic and absolute war must be waged against capitalism, against the bourgeois concept of property and against big business. The reality of social classes can only be transcended after the total victory in the class struggle against the capitalists and their minions.
Socialism and Autarky
The primary function of economy should be understood as guaranteeing the survival of the people and of the popular State, in the most autonomous and autarchic way possible, ensuring a reasonable degree of economic equity among all national comrades. The notion that money is a commodity rather than a mere instrument of exchange should be scratched from all economic and monetary policies of government, to the extent that it fostered the development of the capitalist oppressor system, income concentration, the decrease in the quality of life, and the extinction of traditional communities.
The rightist reactionary political movements claim that the only problem of the capitalist system is the existence of usury. Although we must say without doubt that usury is one of the highest constructs of alienation and artificiality of financial capitalism, usury is merely the culmination of historical and psychological processes inherent to the bourgeois consciousness.
Thus the class struggle must be directed towards the abolition of capitalist system as a whole, including there the bourgeois and individualistic conception of property, promoting fairer alternatives to it, besides the end of usury, large estates, financial and real estate speculation, and all others economic and financial instruments of oppression.
At the same time, the large gaucho and cisplatin population, traditionally rural and autonomist, whose ancestors for decades or even centuries has occupied our land and worked in a productive and beneficial way and should not be harmed by the destructive behavior of few exploratory traitors or foreign parasites. Thus, to the extent that small and medium property, mainly rural, are bastions of the conservation of values and way of life of our People and essential elements of the autarchic economy, the Popular State should commit to defend the People against expropriation and just make use of it against the traitors and counterrevolutionaries saboteurs who use the property for speculation, for usury, or to prejudice the welfare of People and the integrity of the Popular State.
Revolutionary Objectives and Guidelines
Among many other measures and policies, the austral revolutionary vanguard pledges to fight to the death so that we may achieve and establish certain conditions essential to the survival and strengthening of the peoples of Southern America, which are:
- The separation of the southern region from Federative Republic of Brazil, consistent in the current provinces of Parana, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul;
- An organic and gradual integration between the nation resulting from this separation with the Oriental Republic of Uruguay and Argentine Republic;
- The organization of this resulting integration in a Austral Confederacy, engaged in a radical opposition to globalization and its oppressive mechanisms both internally and internationally;
- The transfer of the center of everyday political decisions from the centralizing bureaucracies of the capitals to the municipalities;
- The radical and uncompromising defense of the values, traditions and customs that gave the main historical contributions to the development of Southern Brazil, with focus on gaucho culture and the diverse colonial cultures, protecting the existence of these peoples and cultures, their languages, spiritual principles, etc., against the disintegrating influences of Brazilian, North American and other foreign cultures, putting up the Family, and not the Individual, as the basis of State and the element deserving of the utmost protection;
- The establishment of an organic conception of people, whereby only those who can demonstrate a concrete link with the communities of the popular state, can be considered citizens;
- The replacement of bourgeois democracy and their parties for an organic, popular and direct democracy, highly decentralized, based on principles of responsibility and duty;
- The abolition of wage slavery, through the establishment of salary tables setting a minimum wage adequate for a comprehensive development of the human excellence of each national comrade, in which the highest wage of all the Confederation does not exceed ten times the lowest salary;
- A radical agrarian reform, broad and unrestricted, with the confiscation of all large estates, followed by their distribution to ensure the interested, selected and trained families a piece of land, absolutely indivisible and nontransferable, so that families can contribute to the achievement of national autarchy in the primary economic sector, while promoting the decrease of the big cities through an urban exodus;
- The establishment of a socialist economy, founded on social justice and aiming at national autarchy, where ownership is widely distributed among the population, the means of production as close as possible to the control of the workers, in which the economy is backed by production, and wages and prices have a real connection with production costs;
- Free and universal health care, completely breaking with capitalist commercialization of medicine, generating exclusion, suffering and death for people, and immense profits for exploiters and parasites;
- The organization of workers in corporations or guilds, separated by occupations, whose members will meet in councils, in order to defend the interests of all categories of workers under the aegis of the popular state;
- The establishment of boards or councils of workers to control all enterprises bigger or more complex than a family business;
- The establishment of Corporative Chambers, composed of representatives elected directly by each corporation, in municipal, provincial and national levels, in order to establish the economic policies and guidelines and the laws of each political unit;
- The widespread building of power plants with low environmental impact (solar, wind, geothermal, etc), to perform the complete substitution of oil, and promote greater autonomy of local communities, keeping in some extent the exploitation of oil and nuclear energy under monopoly of the Popular State;
- Combat consumerist culture through the establishment of productive focus on objects of high quality and durability, rather than disposable objects, produced to be replaced annually for new versions of the same objects;
- The formalization of the traditional principle of “fair price” as an absolute legal principle of all economic, commercial and consumerist relations, with the price-fixing of all consumer goods, so that there is a measurable relationship between the cost of production and the price of a good;
- Total elimination of usury, by the extinction of interest loans for the purchase of unproductive property, and by the banishment of financial and real estate speculation;
- The establishment of a free and universal education system, whose purpose should be the discovery of the natural abilities of each national comrade in order to direct him towards the excellence of his own innate abilities, as well as helping to guide, since childhood, each one toward the craft more suitable to its abilites;
- The uncompromising defense of the right to bear arms as a duty of all national comrades, who attend to certain requirements, with the formation of volunteer popular militias in each municipal community to do the work of police and defense against external enemies, maintaining a permanent military force highly trained at a central level;
- The control of all main media by the citizens, through the popular State, their smaller political units, or by corporations of workers.
The Austral revolution, whose march begins and whose end will only take place with a glorious victory, or with the fall of its last member, is in its essence a total movement, from earth to heaven, from the body to the spirit, so there would be no chance of victory if along the whole dissident and revolutionary struggle we didn’t aspire to the formation of a new man, physically strong and spiritually virtuous, just as were the old warriors and conquerors of the Brazilian Platine.
Then, it is necessary to place a higher goal for those who wish to rise above the mediocrity of modern man, cultivated in industrial scale by prefabricated ideologies, animalized by the lower and beastly behavioral archetypes. Today, the one who seeks such goal is enveloped in a dirty and dense fog of lies, fake needs and social transitory symbols, which take him away from his Being and away from the heritage that his ancestors left to him.
Therefore, the Austral revolution is also an inner path, trodden with strength and sacrifice, on behalf of a duty that one owes to the children who will inherit the Austral fatherland, and to honor those who fought for it. The choice is personal. There are only two options: fight or perish. Fighting for something that is within and beyond ourselves, or perish by the hands of the dissolving powers of foreign culture, gold and corruption.
The combative attitude, of the southern warrior, should be as true as possible, to the point of echoing in other worlds and to be known in other times: in the future of our generations, as an example to be followed, and in the past of our grandparents, as exciting pride.
Thus, our revolutionary vanguard, gathered under the austral flags and banners in the ranks of the Austral Liberation Front, swears total commitment to the ideals, principles and proposals presented in this Manifesto, to fight for the establishment of a glorious civilization in Southern America, to defend the various peoples of our America against the threat of imperialist, capitalist oppression and the evils of modernity.
AGAINST CAPITAL, AUSTRAL REVOLUTION!
Central Revolutionary Committee
This document and the Austral Liberation Front are completely endorsed and supported by Open Revolt and New Resistance. We stand for true American unity – a unity of Revolutionaries living in the Americas against the forces of Capitalism and Globalism! Victory to the Austral Revolution!